GM LS Alternator Only Bracket and Adjustable Idler System *Type 2 - Truck Balancer Only* - Standard or Electric Water Pump
Select which water pump you are using above before adding to cart.
In Stock. Ships within 1 business day.
GM LS LQ series TYPE 2 "Alternator Only” Bracket and Adjustable Idler system, CNC Machined in the USA from 6061 aircraft grade billet aluminum.
- Will work with TRUCK/5th Gen. Camaro BALANCERS ONLY.
- Mounts the alternator on the top of driver’s side of the motor
- Works with the 145 or 160 amp LS truck alternator, or the 105 amp LS1 F-Body alternator. Fits 99-2005 Truck AD230 (small case) and AD244 (large case) [5.46" lug spacing]. Also Fits 98-02 Camaro CS130 case (5.46")
- It can also be used to drive the alternator directly off the crank if using an electric water pump. Flip the slotted idler block over (slot on the bottom) and it can be used as a tensioner on the top of the belt (see photos). Will work with the Meziere and PRP electric pump.
- Places the alternator below an LS1 style intake — lower than any other bracket available! The included idler pulley increases belt wrap on both the crank pulley and alternator pulley, and guarantees you won’t sling a belt off.
- The distance from the engine center-line to the outside of the alternator is only 14.5”.
- This setup retains the factory truck active tensioner. It is compatible with the aftermarket tensioners also.
- Designed to clear the control arms in the 2nd Gen. Camaro and fit 62-67 Chevy Nova's.
The setup comes with the smooth idler pulley pictured. You only need to supply the 68.5" long 6-rib drive belt, part number 685K6 or 6PK1740. These are available at your local auto parts store and they should be able to cross reference the part numbers.
If you are using an electric water pump, the belt length is 49.75 or 50" for stock diameter balancers. Use part numbers 6PK1270 or 6PK1265.
If you are running an undersized balancer, you will need a shorter belt than listed.
The only solution I found
This bracket was about the only solution I could find to drive alternator only on my ls1 build. Works great!
I’ve tried so many brackets and every single one has failed, but this one worked amazing I have a bracket truck and it constantly is it 7000 rpms and the belt never even tried to move. All my friends were impressed with it and are ordering it as well, would recommend to anyone!
Great looking piece, easy to read directions, perfect fit.