GM LS Alternator Only Bracket and Adjustable Idler System *Type 1* - Standard or Electric Water Pump
Select which harmonic balancer and water pump you are using above before adding to cart.
In Stock. Ships within 1 business day.
GM LSx LQ series "Alternator Only” Bracket and Adjustable Idler system, CNC Machined in the USA from 6061 aircraft grade billet aluminum.
- Designed to work with all three LS balancers without spacing the water pump. We provide different length spacers / bolts depending on which LS harmonic balancer you are using. Choose from the drop down menu when ordering.
- Mounts the alternator on the top of driver’s side of the motor
- Works with the 145 or 160 amp LS truck alternator, or the 105 amp LS1 F-Body alternator. Fits 99-2005 Truck AD230 (small case) and AD244 (large case) [5.46" lug spacing]. Also Fits 98-02 Camaro CS130 case (5.46")
- Compatible with any LS series engine, because everything bolts to the cylinder head. This includes LQ4, LQ9, LS1, LS2, LS3, LSX, and more.
- It can also be used to drive the alternator directly off the crank if using an electric water pump. Flip the slotted idler block over (slot on the bottom) and it can be used as a tensioner on the top of the belt (see photos). Will work with the Meziere and PRP electric water pump.
- Places the alternator below an LS1 style intake — lower than any other bracket available! The included idler pulley increases belt wrap on both the crank pulley and alternator pulley, and guarantees you won’t sling a belt off.
- The distance from the engine center-line to the outside of the alternator is only 16”. If you need narrower, see the Type 2 bracket which is 1.5" shorter.
- This setup retains the factory active tensioner. Make sure you have the same tensioner as the balancer you are using (Truck, LS1 or Corvette). It is compatible with the aftermarket tensioners also.
- Important Note: this bracket will not work in a 4th Gen. F-Body Camaro with F-Body/LS-1 Balancer without modification.
- WILL NOT WORK in a 3rd Gen. Cadillac CTS-V
Important notes about Corvette accessory drive :
- The coolant temperature sensor needs to be relocated to the passenger side head when using the Corvette balancer / accessory drive.
- Corvette spacing will not work with tall aftermarket valve covers.
The setup comes with the smooth idler pulley pictured. You only need to supply the 68.5" long 6-rib drive belt, part number 685K6 or 6PK1740. These are available at your local auto parts store and they should be able to cross reference the part numbers.
If you are using an electric water pump, the belt length is 48.5" for stock diameter balancers. Use part numbers 6PK1235, 6PK1230, or 485K6.
If you are running an undersized balancer, you will need a shorter belt than listed.
High quality bracket
This bracket didn't work for my application. No fault of Billet Speed. My turbo hot side and down pipe are in the way. Im currently using another manufacturer alternator bracket. The bracket im using didn't come with an idler pulley to help with belt retention. I replaced one of the mounting bolt with all thread and installed an idler pulley. This fixed my belt throwing issue for now. I plan to rebuild my hot side soon and use the billet speed bracket.
F body alt bracket
This was my 4th one ! I’m sold on them
Worked great !!
Ls alternator bracket kit
Looks good, just Mached up right now, when I ordered it service was great. Looks like the proper spacing.